Short Description: Design and implement sustainable projects, provide community/campus with new ideas to promote sustainability & provide education with sustainable focus.
Club Overview: Engineers for a Sustainable World – Kapiolani Community College, Hawaii Chapter was founded to actively engage Hawaii student engineers with pre-college students, University of Hawaii faculty, the local community and all STEM departments to initiate conversation on, design and implement projects of varying scope that directly address creating a more sustainable campus, local and global way of life.
Our Mission: Engineers for a Sustainable World has a vision of a world of environmental, social and economic prosperity created and sustained by local and global collective action. ESW’s mission is to:
- To forge innovative, lasting solutions to local and global sustainability challenges.
- Design and implement sustainable projects through our student and professional chapters
- Educate and train individuals and organizations on sustainable policies and practices
- Build a global network of communities with a shared culture of sustainability
- To create a bond between the field of Engineering and Global Sustainability and share the possibilities of both, through implementation, on a local, national and global stage.
- To form long lasting relationships with campus, local, national and world members of the engineering community with a sustainability driven focus.
- Share our passion and love for the Field of Engineering and its endless possibilities to all people.
The objectives of ESW-KCC are to:
- Provide education with sustainable focus to future engineers.
- Provide community/campus with new ideas to promote sustainability
- Break down and invent ways past spoken language barriers in order to collaborate with global engineering students.
- Working as an organization on projects representing varying geographic scopes and engineering disciplines with diversity each semester.
- Progress towards a better world for all life.
- Educational and Professional development.
- Integrity before short term profits.
- Design with the highest ethical, morale and environmental values.
Involvement in youth and humanitarian
Value in all engineering sub-disciplines and their contributions toward our mission.
Please contact us via email with any questions, ideas, or concerns: email@example.com